Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reverse Psychology Needed...

No, I didn’t update last week.  Why?  I was so ashamed of myself.  Yes, I gained.  A whole 1.4 lbs.  I was very disappointed with myself and just couldn’t bring myself to admit it to my readers.  The ironic thing is that last week I was doing my best to motivate others who were discouraged with their weight loss journey.  Talk about needing to live by my own preaching!

On my way home last week, I had a nice long chat with myself.  I figured the cost to drive back and forth to my WW meetings each week.  With gas around $3.85 here, that computes to approximately $23.10 in gas expense each month… and that expense is on top of my $39.95 membership fees.  I love going to the meetings.  I look forward to them each week.  It may have something to do with the fact that it is 2-3 hours of perfectly acceptable, guilt-free, Me time.  Regardless the reason, I really don’t want to give up my meetings.  However, since I’ve flat-lined on my weight loss, I’m feeling bad for the extra expense I’m generating with nothing to show for it.  I know there are other health benefits beside weight loss, but the point in WW is: weight loss.  I gently scolded myself and decided that I had to get back on track and start seeing results in order to justify all this expense.  So…

This week, I tracked.  I ate fruit (can some one say: WATERMELON!) and stayed within my point range.  Even with Mother’s Day BBQ on Sunday (can some one say: OREO PUDDING!) I did very well.  At one point, I weighed myself (at home) and had lost three pounds.  It’s a really good feeling to know you’re doing well. 

So yesterday, my normal weigh-in day, one of my dear friends decided to go in labor.  With her first baby.  A sweet occasion I couldn’t miss.  Trust me, I was torn.  I wanted to go to WW just so I could celebrate a successful week, but knew I couldn’t miss meeting this new little fella.  So, I weighed at work (their scales tend to be more accurate than mine) and documented my weight loss for the week. 

Talk about a great week!  I’m down 4.2 lbs!  Which pushes me to my 25 lb mark and I sailed right past that 10% mark that keeps avoiding me.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  It’s not official until I weigh in on WW scales in front of a WW leader.  But make no mistake; I will keep it off this week.  I’ve loaded up on fruit and other low PointsPlus foods and I’m ready to face the week.  I will make it all official next week.  And… I will make it officially into ONE-derland! 

Here’s the stats so far:

Hold me accountable, People!  Send me mean emails telling me I can’t do it.  The reverse psychology will kick in and I will do it just to prove you wrong! 

2 comments:

Grace said...

You're such a loser! :D

Nettie Beard said...

It's working, Amy. Keep it up! ☺