Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sore but no water issues!

It’s a beautiful day… the sun is shining… I’ve been getting in lots of activity – in the form of gardening and cleaning.  I’ve been tracking, tracking, tracking.  So I know I’m great! 

Well, almost great...  I’m really sore from the 2-½ hours of gardening I did Tuesday night.  Anytime I sit for very long, I get extremely stiff and sore all over again.  Last night, after sitting through church and then the ride home, I was especially sore.  Yes, I’ve been laughed at, but I disregard it ‘cause my flowerbeds look great!    But for some reason, I keep hearing this voice inside my head.  It sounds a lot like the voice of my husband telling me I need to start working out at the gym more because I shouldn’t be this sore from “a little” gardening.  LOL  I love that man, doesn’t he have a great sense of humor?  I’m pretty sure, no matter how in shape you are, if you do an activity you’re not used to, you’re bound to be “a little” sore.  Right?  Anyways, my perfectly unacceptable excuse for not using the gym is: I don’t want to go alone.  Tee hee.

Just wondering?  Am I the only one that has struggled with getting in all my water?  Well, I think I’ve licked the issue for the moment.  I bought two (one for home, one for work) 24 oz tumblers from Wal-Mart at a nice price of $4.37 each.  These tumblers are acrylic with the re-usable straw.  They look like a to-go cup from a convenience store, but are reusable.  One drawback is that they’re not dishwasher safe.  But I’ll take that little inconvenience… since I bought the tumblers, I’ve hit my water target plus – EVERY DAY!  I know WW recommends six 8oz servings of water, but I’ve been getting at least 8, sometimes 9 servings per day.  Now, if you want to get technical, I know you’re supposed to divide your body weight in half, blah, blah, blah, etc.  I’ll take what I’m getting now and be extremely happy with myself!  Who knows, maybe I’ll eventually work up to that 100+ ounces of water per day. 

So how do you get in your water?  Or do you drink water at all?

No comments: