Thursday, January 7, 2016

Changes

I've been praying that God will make a way for our family to be healthier. You see, I grew up in a home that ate very, very healthy. When I got married, I remember cooking eggs and being told that was not how you cook them! I'd used very little oil - Chris was used to them swimming in bacon grease. Eager to please him, it didn't take me long to adapt to using processed foods, sugar, and anything else that tastes good. Fast forward 17 years, 2 babies, and 80+ pounds weight gain.  

Now I'm seeing my 7 year old reap the benefits of my bad decisions. He's not fat - but let's just say, those loose fit pants look like skinny jeans now. I've been especially burdened for him. This week, I've seen God step in and help us make some big changes and I'm seeing Elijah make healthier choices. He's been excited that I'm making him smoothies for breakfast! He's had a hard time remembering that we don't want him eating donuts off the snack shelf at our store - but has accepted it well when we remind him that we're all eating healthier.  And so, I give God the glory and ask His help to keep the momentum going!

No comments: