Thursday, September 22, 2011

Challenges and Walking in the Dark

I've done very well at getting up each morning to walk this week.  Quite proud of myself actually!  But then, I've had something driving it... a little voice in my head that keeps reminding me: Friday, we're having a company breakfast at work.  Then there are the three church dinners I have to get through too... So far I've earned 10 activity points and haven't eat ANY of my bonus points.  How about a wager?  Wanna bet that I at all 59 of those points????  :D

Funny story... at this time of year, I'm walking in the dark.  Not my favorite thing to do, but I'm determined!  So I get up this morning and head out.  I have my iPod playing away but I notice it seems extra dark today.  I look around and realize there are no stars or moon to be seen.  Which means: it's cloudy.  So for some reason, I'm suddenly very paranoid.  Every little noise makes me jump!  Including Peter Cottontail who runs off as I walk past.  Well, if you can call it "walk".  I jumped too high to really call it "walk".  I ended up shutting off my iPod so I can hear better.  If someone had walked up behind me and said "boo" I probably would have screamed and passed out!  Thankfully, I lived to tell this story.

Oh great.  Now that I've told this, some one's bound to be waiting for me in the dark tomorrow - just so they can watch me scream and pass out.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing a great job!!!
I need to get back to walking...