Monday, September 19, 2011

Umph-ing up some motivation

So my sisters and I were talking about our recent stall in weight loss.  We were all doing so good pre-vacation.  It's odd (and depressing) how one week "off" has cost me nearly a month "off".  I can't seem to get back in the swing of walking every day.  I've had one excuse or another.  Too tired.  Too cold.  Rainy looking. You name it, I've used the excuse to stay cuddled in my warm bed.

But no more.  I'm scared senseless.  I'm scared I'm going to gain this weight back. Again.  It's not an option for me.  I refuse to even consider it.  But how do I get back to that all time motivation?  That drive I had pre-vacation? 

Neither of my sisters had the perfect answer, we did come up with this idea:

Tonight, spend some time on ourselves.
Looking at before and after pictures. 
Taking our measurements. 
And vowing to get back to some form of exercise 6 days a week.

I've taken my measurements and am frustrated that the good ol' hips went up two inches.  Guess I'm still carrying vacation with me.  Everything else moved down.  Yay!

Here's a before picture - not full length, but the damage is bad enough:
October 2010

Another before picture (about the only full length I can find):
August 2010

And yet one more oldie:
July 2010


So here are the "after" pictures:
June 2011

August 2011

August 2011

I've come to the conclusion: I have lost weight.  Maybe not high in numbers, but I'll get there.  I'm gonna keep moving on.  I will be setting my alarm for 5:55 tomorrow AM.  My shoes and clothes are ready to go.  I can't give up.

So the only thing I ask from you is: a comment.  I write these blogs as if the whole world reads them, when really, it's probably only my dear sisters reading.  In case you hadn't noticed, my actual measurements are NOT posted in this blog entry because I'm telling myself that someone might see it and what will they think?  So please, dear Reader, leave me a comment.  Anything just to let me know you were here and you are holding me accountable!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm following you, Nettie, and so proud of what you are doing. Keep up the work, the results will be worth it.
Amber

Grace said...

Good job, sis! You're lookin good!!! And we're gonna find that motivation, no matter what we gotta do!!!!

Ray said...

You can do this Nettie, I know its hard to stay motivated for alot of things when life gets to you! But you have come this far and I know you dont wanna go back to the "before" look! Just keep pushing yourself!

Beckie said...

Nettie, just wanted to let you know that you have inspired me. I saw your blog on facebook and have been following to see how you are doing. As a result, I started WW online yesterday. It's good to see someone succeeding with their weight loss. Hang in there; I believe in you!!