Thursday, August 13, 2015

At rock bottom... but looking up

I weighed this morning for the first time in a while... a very long while.  I knew it would be bad - but that bad was a real wake up call to me.  I've got a whole list of excuses for letting myself ago...

  1. Depression (I hate that word and all it implies and yes, I know, by God's grace, I've beat it)
  2. Health issues (minor, but still there)
  3. No motivation (seriously NO motivation or desire to lose weight - probably a side affect of #1)
  4. No time (that is a really lame excuse)
  5. Too busy (again. Lame. It's all about priorities)
  6. No joy in cooking (when you have three picky men in your family, it does steal the joy)

I could go on, but putting them in writing is a wake up as to just how lame it sounds. I've got to do something.  Starting today.

Looking back on my last post (over a year ago) is troubling.  I looked so much better than I do right now.  And nearly 30 lbs lighter in the last picture.  30 pounds.  What have I done to myself?  I thought I could control this.  I thought I could keep myself in better shape than this.  Where did I go wrong?  And the fact that put on most of this weight since the first of the year is even more frustrating.  Less than 8 months and I've just let go.

I've got to make a change.  One meal at a time.  One decision at a time.  Here is a small list of goals for today:

  1. Ask God for strength and post visible reminders that I need His help to do this
  2. Clean out the junk food
  3. Get my THM supplies out and to the front and center of the cabinets
  4. Walk 15 minutes
  5. Eat at least one healthy meal today
  6. Drink 64 oz of water

I've been down this road so many times.  I know it can be done.  I know what it takes to get this right.  I have the know how and I can do this.  Yes, it's hard.  But there are thousands of others who've been down this road before me.  If they can do it, so can I.  By God's grace and strength, so can I.

No comments: