Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 18th check in

Yesterday (Aug 18) was a very busy day full of shopping - both for groceries and last minute back to school extra's.  Lots of walking... lots of decisions... but overall, a good day.

We ate lunch at Cici's... not the best option, but I know I made better choices than I would have a month ago.  A large salad, unsweetened tea, and only three and a half pieces of pizza.  (Which is equivalent to what? 2 pieces of pizza anywhere else?)  I wasn't stuffed but satisfied when we left.

Sonic.  Ugh.  My ultimate favorite drink stop. Especially at happy hour.  This stop was successful - only a an unsweetened raspberry tea!  I'm actually quite proud of this NSV!

Dinner last night was off plan too - but I still cut way back.  A large salad and 1 1/2 burrito's.  I had to do something quick after we got home from shopping.  Homemade frozen burrito's filled fit the bill...

I didn't use a work out video... and I forgot my activity tracker... but after hitting the mall, and 5 other stores, I'm fairly confident I would have tracked 8K plus steps.

Again - I refuse to beat myself up for the bad choices... instead, I'm simply thankful for the presence of mind and motivation to make good choices. A month ago, I didn't care one way or other.  I was simply miserable.  It feels so good to feel like I'm back in control!

My goals for today:

1. Eat at least two on plan meals
2. Drink 72 oz of water
3. Exercise at least 10 minutes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nettie keep up the good work...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!