Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clean Slate

 Tomorrow is new day with no mistakes in it, yet.”
~Miss Stacey of Avonlea~

Don’t you just love second chances?  I know I do.  Recently, it seems there have been a lot of things that have stood out to me… all related to second chances.  More importantly, how I am the one in control of second chances.  (Yes, I am a Christian and I know God is the one in ultimate control, but hear me out.)

My pound-shedding, weight-watching, butt-kicking sister posted this interesting concept:

When you miss your turn, the GPS doesn't berate you, doesn't scold you. Instead it says very politely to take the next available u-turn.
The GPS allows for mistakes and tries to help you correct them.
You're going to turn left at the hotdogs, make a right at the blueberry pie, and occasionally merge onto the interstate of banana-nut pancakes with a side order of sausage patties. Does that mean you should steer off the dietary cliff and fall into the fatty crevasse of destructive eating? Of course not.
Repeat the YOU diet mantra:
"At the next available moment, make an authorized YOU-turn."
Get back on the road.
(Borrowed from the book "YOU On A Diet)

Okay, so it’s an interesting concept and I agree with it, but I wasn’t quite ready to make the change. 

Later, I noticed one of those black and white marquee signs on the side of the road with this quote:

Headed in the wrong direction?  God allows u-turns!

Hmm… I think Someone is trying to tell me something…  But since I’m so hard headed, I still didn’t listen.  I blatantly pigged out through the weekend.  I mean, since I’m headed in the wrong direction, I might as well crash, right??  It was only a .8 gain!!

Then yesterday, a dear friend was asking me about the Weight Watchers plan.  She made the statement “when you were really doing the plan…” and that’s when the load of bricks hit me.  (Don’t get me wrong; I was in no way offended by her statement)

  • I don’t have to tell anyone that I’m not sticking with the plan like I should. 
  • No one has to see my eTools app to know I don’t track like should.
  • I don’t have to post my weight loss on here to know I’m not “doing the plan.”

My body is doing the telling for me.

So even when someone tells me I’m looking good, or they can really tell I’m loosing weight, I should take it for the compliment that it is and the motivation that it is and get myself in gear!

I’m really tired of messing around with this.  Since April, my total weight loss has been a whopping 5.8 pounds.  Did you read that right??  5.8 pounds!  That’s about four and a half months and less than 6 sticking pounds.  I keep saying I’ll take any loss I can get, but this is pathetic. 

Don’t try to stop me or tell me I’m doing great!  ‘Cause I know the truth.

I’m going to whip this thing called fat.  My determination is ready to go.  I’m taking advantage of the fact that today is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.  I’ve set my WW options online back to “week 1” and starting over today.  My phone is set with a bunch of reminders.  There is no reason I can’t do this!

Just so you know… I set my alarm this morning so I could get up and go walking…  sure enough, it went off just like it promised.  I turned it off and promptly fell back to sleep!  Purely by accident!!!   Guess I gotta work on that too.

1 comment:

Grace said...

You go girl! We're gonna kick butt this week! :) And next... :)