Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Success - Week 1

So last week started out fabulously!  I did very well until Sunday.  Ugh.  Then I bombed.  I quit tracking when I ran out of PointsPlus - unfortunately, I didn't quit eating.  I'm ashamed of myself... but I can't change the past... only the future!  Two church dinners in one weekend is about more than this girl can handle!

In spite of my bombed out Sunday afternoon, I scored a .2 loss.  That brings my total weight loss to 27.4 pounds. I can't wait to hit that 30 lb mark.  It seems so close, yet so far away.  -sigh-  But I'll take what I can get.  And as I realized last night:  no one sees the number on the scales, but they CAN see the inches I'm losing.  I think it's time to check my measurement's again!

But now I'm scared to death.  Scared because I've taken the plunge. I'm gonna try this on my own.  I have decided, not to quit WW, but to change my plan of action. I will still be paying for the WW eTools.  This means I still have access to the software, just not the meetings, the support group, the weekly magazine, etc.  I keep telling myself that I'll do fine, but truly, I'm scared to death.  Scared that I'll give up and quit.  In fact, I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that is telling me I've made a dreadful mistake.  Now I don't know what to do.  Part of me thinks I can do this with the help of the Good Lord and my dear sisters.  The other part of me is just plain chicken. I need me to be strong.  I need me to keep going, even during the gains.  I do NOT want to gain this weight back for the 3rd? 4th? time!  I'm tired of being overweight and unhealthy.  I want a healthier lifestyle for me!  In doing it for me, I help my family too. So here goes!

Today has been successful so far - walked, vitamins, tracking!  It's a date night tonight... and I have 13 daily PointsPlus left for the day.  Hmmm... hopefully we go somewhere with a great salad bar! :-)

1 comment:

Nettie Beard said...

You're so right. I've gotten stuck in a rut. In more than one way! HA! I need to get over it! I'm really putting myself into this again. I'm scared to death to gain this weight back.