Friday, August 19, 2011

Success - Day Three!

I’m feeling pretty good!  3 days of eating my PointsPlus target.  I have yet to touch any of the Weekly Bonus PointsPlus!  Plus, activity too!  Here is this week’s progress report:

Last night I made chicken strips – yep, even fried them!  I have been finding I can fry my foods if I do small things like – use a small amount of flour, using skim milk and egg white only for dipping, and frying in a small amount of oil instead of the deep fryer!  They were so good and I only had two.  It seemed like I’d never quit eating last night.  I had two chicken strips with BBQ sauce, corn on the cob, cottage cheese, and zucchini sautéed in spray butter.   When I was finished I still had 3 PointsPlus left over so yes, as a matter of fact, I did have an ice cream sandwich! It was awesome!

(Aldi has their own version of the Skinny Cow Ice Cream/Cookie sandwich – they’re delicious, huge, and only 3 PointsPlus.)

My sister challenged us all to walk 30 minutes a day – any time of the day, just do it and text us all to let us know you completed your walk.  Little did she know, I’d already intended to start walking.  This is the perfect time of the year to walk in the mornings!  The mornings are cool and beautiful.  I am really enjoying it – even though it means I have to get up at 5:30ish.  I remember reading an interesting article about walking and all the health benefits.  I can’t remember where I read it, but I found this one online posted by Mayo Clinic.  So not am I walking to boost my weight loss and get in shape, I’m also lowering my cholesterol!