Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mission: Not Accomplished.... and a Confession

As I mentioned in my last post, I was at my mother's over the weekend.  Yum.  Delicious food - even more delish since I didn't have to cook it! :)  WI was an encouragement though... I am down 0.6 lbs.   Yay!  It's smaller number and I'll take it!  It wasn't the 3+ lbs loss I need to reach 20 lbs though (my goal for last week).  Although disappointed in myself, I'm putting last week behind me and moving ahead.

My dear sister and her hubby have joined WW!  I'm really excited about that.  And... here's the confession: it's helping me see WW through new eyes.  By 'new eyes' I'm meaning: seeing it as a new member again.  Which is good!

On my sister's blog, she mentioned her coffee with 1 PointsPlus creamer.  I kinda woke me up to realize (confession #2)
  1. I never count my coffee and creamer
  2. I have no idea how much creamer I put in my coffee.
So here I am "unable" to loose this weight.  Stuck.  Blaming it on a plateau or whatever you want to call it.  Whose fault is it?  Then I began to think about all the other things I don't count or measure.

And guess what this week's meeting was about????? If you guessed "measuring and counting everything" you guessed right.  This weeks challenge is to find 10 foods that you regularly eat but don't measure or properly count.

Right off the top of my head, here are a few things:
  1. Coffee creamer
  2. Cheese
  3. Salad dressing (after all, I am using light dressing!)
  4. My evening cappuccino... never.  ever. tracked it.  Even though I know it's 2 or 3 PointsPlus.
This morning I measured out 2 Tbsp. of coffee creamer and counted the points.  Two. Whole. Points.  And guess what... it wasn't anywhere near what I normally drink in my coffee.  I'm guessing I normally use 4 Tbsp.  *Gulp.*  As soon as I get the chance, I intend to measure out those other items instead of blissfully eyeballing it.

So this weeks goal is to count everything.  I mean EVERYTHING... And hopefully... I'll hit that 20 lb. mark this week!

3 comments:

Lori Medlin said...

.6 wasn't what you wanted but at least it was a down!! Are you still exercising? I am guilty of not counting those kinds of things too! Hopefully you will have a smashing week this week and loose alot next monday!

Nettie Beard said...

I have good intentions on the exercise, but haven't done so hot this week. I'd promised Elijah we'd go on a walk last night, but then I had to see the chiro... Why is it so hard??? ☺

Grace said...

I want to try Stevia. All natural, can't be bad for you.

I ran out of diet sodas and money, so I've been getting in some much needed water. Woot woot!