Monday, February 14, 2011

Non-scale Victories

I had a non-scale victory (NSV) this weekend.  Yay!  By saying "non-scale" I'm meaning that I had one of those "wow-I've-lost-weight" moments and it had nothing to do with a number on the scale.  Non-scale victories can be buying a smaller size, realizing your measurements have dropped, sleeping better, etc.

You see... our church had a sweetheart banquet on Saturday night.  The shirt I bought "just" fit.  As in, three weeks ago, when I bought the shirt, I probably couldn't have got it on, but now it fits.  I was slightly self-conscious about it, but not enough to ruin my night. 

Then, I saw the picture that was taken of my DH and I at the banquet.  I was so happy to see my (our!) weight loss!  It felt great!  It was motivating.  I love the picture of both of us and I'm having it printed.   For two reasons:
  1. because my hubby looks so great
  2. because I look smaller
  3. because we're both smiling and look so in love
Okay... so that's three reasons, but who's counting?


Please share your non-scale victory with me!  You deserve a pat on the back so speak up and share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww what a great photo of you all. Your looking amazin' and I can tell that Chris has lot as well! Great for ya'll!

Nettie Beard said...

Thanks, Sarah!

Lori Medlin said...

The shirt you wore Sat. didn't look tight at all to me.... I thought it looked nice!!